From: Lennart L÷vstrand <email@example.com>
Subject: Party Party!
Date: Tue, 29 Apr 2003 15:53:35 -0700
Woo-hoo! There *is* life after 4.0, and to prove it, I'm going to invite you
all for an Evening at Lennart's Place this Saturday, May 3 at 101 Landers Street
in San Francisco around 19:30 onwards. On the agenda will be:
1) Consumption of alcoholic beverages. I have way too much booze lying around my
flat and although I've been working hard on moving it bottle-by-bottle over to
Sweden, it's just not disappearing fast enough. I need your help to bring the
supplies down to more reasonable levels. Otherwise, I'll just have to drink it
all myself which I'm sure would kill me, and you don't want to see me dead, now
2) Conversations and small talk. Big talk too, for that matter. Any kind of talk
you'd care about, actually, as long as you don't try to be politically correct
or scare the neighbors away further than Pittsburgh. Topics may be chosen from
the following mundane & eclectic list of current interests:
* Viagra or Uprima -- which is better?
* Medicare friendly doctors I've known.
* The benefits of AARP membership.
* What pigeons like best.
* Today's terrible youth.
* It was much better before, etc.
3) A game of color coordination. Guess which of the following names go with
which freshly painted surfaces found around the house (inside & out):
* Cherry Plum
* Soft Ecru
* Fire's Glow
* Golden Amber
(Hint: One of them is a Red Herring! Or Green, or Blue! I'm not telling which.)
4) If we're lucky and it arrives in time, watch a big screen movie using my
fancy, schmancy new Dell 2100MP video projector! It it doesn't arrive in time,
see it on my old, crummy Telex Firefly P250 projector. In either case, there
will definitely be DTS or Dolby 5.1 surround sound and a 100" image or more.
So come on over, either in the flesh or on the web! The whole event will be
broadcast live on the Internet via
http://www.lovstrand.com/PartyParty.html through five different web cameras.
Why? Just to show that Dot.Com isn't quite Dot.Dead yet! (And because I can, of
For directions, please see http://www.lovstrand.com/Landers/101-Landers.html or call 415-437-9397.